Monday, January 30, 2006

More Responses from Legislators

The following are responses to constiuents and advocates to follow the multiple year funding plan as developed by DCH adn DHR for 1,500 new MRWP and 152 new ICWP slots for the FY2007 General Budget to Unlock the Waiting Lists for disability supports. Each entry is a response to a separate request, even when listed more than once...some legislators use a similar response for more than one person.

__________________________________________

Feb 5th
"I will do all I can regarding funding."

Rep. Harry Geisinger, House District 48

Jan 30th
"Thank you for contacting my office at the Georgia General Assembly. It is my hope that as your State Representative, I can continue to serve you to the best of my ability.

This legislative session we will address many critical issues. As Legislators, it is important that we handle each issue with respect and care. I thank you for your interest in funding for disabled Georgians. I appreciate you bringing to my attention the budget issues at hand. I will fully support the funding and will advocate for it. Please keep me updated on what I may need to do if the funding is changed or the slots are eliminated. When and if this happens I can take further action.

In the future, if there is anything that I can do to serve you, please do not hesitate to contact my office. My success as a legislator depends on your support and opinion. Thank you for your time and I look forward to making a difference for you, my constituents, and for this great state of Georgia."

Sincerely,
Rep. Melvin Everson, House District 106


Jan 30th
"Thank you for your thoughtful email. I continue to support increasing state funding for these programs and opening up the Katie Bechett waiver as well and more efficiently implementing the existing program. Please keep me posted on your situation."

Senator Judson H. Hill, Senate District 32

Jan 30th
"Thank you for contacting my office at the Georgia General Assembly. It is my hope that as a State Representative, I can continue to serve you to the best of my ability.

This legislative session we will address many critical issues. As Legislators, it is important that we handle each issue with respect and care. I thank you for your interest in unlocking the waiting list. I am in support of this issue, but I must add that I have to take a look at all the budget issues involved before I make my final decision. Please keep me updated on any critical oncerns and I will be glad to take a look at them.

In the future, if there is anything that I can do to serve you, please do not hesitate to contact my office. My success as a legislator depends on your support and opinion. Thank you for your time."

Sincerely,
Rep. Melvin Everson, House District 106

Jan 28th

"Dear advocate: I am continuing to press for more slots in the '07 Budget. Thank you for your email. Yours for a Better Georgia"

Rep. Sue Burmeister, House District 119

Jan 24th

"Thank you for your e-mails. We on the House Appropriations committee are still working on the FY06 Amended budget at this time. I will be talking to Jeff Brown, who chairs the Health portion subcommittee to see if there is any way that we can increase the number of slots. As you know, the Governor sets the revenue estimate, which is in reality a cap under which we must work. To add any slots means we have to cut something else in the Governor's recommendations. Believe me, there are many items, certainly including these waivers, that I would like to add more funding to."

Sincerely,
Rep Don Parsons, House District 42

Jan 23rd
"Please know that I will do what I can. Let me know if any new information comes out."

Rep Billy Horne, House District 71

Jan 23rd
"Nothing has changed in my support. We will see what we can do."

Thanks,
Senator Mitch Seabaugh, Senate District 28

No comments: