Monday, May 21, 2007

Police Training and Partners Graduation

In conjunction with the National Association on Mental Illness (NAMI), AADD has been training police officers on issues related to Developmental Disabilities . We are looking for additional trainers to be able to reach more officers around the metro area. I know this issue is of great importance to our families and communities and that many of you have expressed interest in getting involved. We will be holding a training here at our office next month. At this time, it is a volunteer opportunity, so please email me if you want more details.


The Partners graduation was a great success last weekend! I remember when I graduated and how bittersweet it was. I really missed seeing everyone on a regular basis but I am fortunate that 9 years later, I still know quite a few of my Partners classmates!
Many thanks to graduates Sue Joe, Saundra Brown, Anne Ladd,and Susan Berch for being a part of a panel that discussed how to get involved in advocacy post graduation. Also, thank you to Scott Bales and Peggy Thomas for coming out to support the new graduates. Kathie Snow presented a motivational keynote address. Check out the scrapbook of pictures.

No comments: