Monday, December 03, 2007

Senator Chambliss Response to Sarah Pike

Dear Ms. Pike :

Thank you for contacting me regarding the Labor, Health and Human Services, and Education (Labor-HHS) appropriations bill. It is good to hear from you.

I understand your concerns about the funding for the Labor-HHS appropriations bill. Congress has consistently increased funding for the Labor-HHS appropriations bill over the last several years from $412 bi llion in fiscal year 2002 to $5 4 6 billion in fiscal year 2007, which is nearly a 33 percent increase in overall spending.

The Labor-HHS Conference report included $608.9 billion in total budget authority for fiscal year 2008. On November 8, 2007, the Conference report passed Congress, but was subsequently vetoed by the President on November 13, 2007. I will keep your thoughts in mind as the Senate continues through the appropriations process.

If you would like to receive timely email alerts regarding the latest congressional actions and my weekly e-newsletter, please sign up via my web site at: www.chambliss.senate.gov. Please let me know whenever I may be of assistance.

No comments: