Friday, October 14, 2011

Action Alert! ADAPT

Today (Friday, October 14th), groups from across the country are calling Congress and sending the message that My Medicaid Matters!

FamiliesUSA has provided a toll free phone number you can use to call your Congressional Representative.

This alert will take LESS THAN FIVE MINUTES but will make a BIG DIFFERENCE!

1. CALL 866-922-4970 and ask to be connected to your member's office.

2. TELL THEM:  "I'm calling because I want Representative ________ to contact the super committee and tell them that s/he opposes cuts to Medicaid. Medicaid is important because it pays for home and community-based services that support seniors and people with disabilities so they can live in the community.  Medicaid also funds jobs for direct care workers who provide these long term services and supports.  I want my representative to actively oppose Medicaid cuts because my Medicaid matters."

3. FORWARD THIS EMAIL to your family, friends, and other contacts asking them to take action too.

Thank you!


ADAPT

No comments: