Thursday, March 16, 2006

Continued Responses from Legislators

These are responses to you from legislators regarding the Unlock the Waiting Lists legislative agenda. If you have not sent your emails, letters or made your phone calls, go to our Action Alert page. To see other responses from legislators to constituents, go to previous blog entries or click here to see their responses to the Unlock the Waiting Lists Survey. Some legislators that we recently added include:

March 16th
I am doing all that I can for this critical issue. Send me back for another term and I will have some seniority to be of more help. God bless you and yours.

Representative Dan Lakly, Peachtree City-R

March 15th
You are right on.

Fran R. Millar, Dunwoody-R

March 15th
Continue to advocate for those who need it the most. I will continue being the voice and the conscience for those who are in need. Thank you for caring.

Senator Regina Thomas, Savannah-D

March 13th
Thank you for your advocacy. I will do my best to help.

Senator Regina Thomas, Savannah-D

March 10th
Thanks for your e-mail. We just passed this appropriation this week in the House and I have already spoken with some of the Senators to encourage them to keep it in the final budget.

Representative Ellis Black, Valdosta-D

March 10th
Been behind but catching up....think we helped the Katie Beckett parents and am now looking to help unlock the waiting list.

Senator Jack Hill, Reidsville-R

March 13th
Continue to advocate. I will too. You are appreciated.

Senator Regina Thomas, Savannah-D

March 9th
They are in the House version of the 2007 budget. Now we have to go to the Senate and make sure they stay in there.

Representative Billy Horne, Newnan-R


March 9th
I was sent here to be the voice for the voiceless and to take care of the weak. The bible says that..we are to bear the infirmities of the weak. Continue to advocate for what's right and just not what's left.

Senator Regina Thomas, Savannah-D

March 8th
We are working to increase sevices and hoep to be able to cover you soon.

Senator Jack Hill, Reidsville-R

March 8th
Thank you so much for contacting me about an issue of concern. My office receives hundreds of emails. Please know that we review each and every note. However, it is not physically possible to respond to each message personally. Do understand that I prioritize the emails as well. With appreciation to my constituents, I will respond to you, if such is the case, as a higher priority.

If you are sending an invitation to attend an event or meeting, please email my assistant, Josh Mackey, at joshua.mackey@senate.ga.gov.

If your issue requires more specific information or assistance, please contact my legislative office directly at 404-656-6436 or write me at the address below. Also, it helps if you include a mailing address so that I can be more efficient in serving you.

Thanks again for contacting my Senate office.

Senator Don R. Thomas, Dalton-R

Jan 18th

Thanks for contacting me about this issue. I am a big supporter of unlocking the waiting lists. I will do the best I can to help make sure these slots are included in the 07 budget.

Representative Billy Horne, Newnan-R

March 7th
I have. We funded lots more slots this year.

Representative Sue Burmeister, Augusta-R

February 9th
"Thank you for letting me know of your support of funds to help people with disabilities. It is good to hear from you.

Let me first say that I agree with you one hundred percent on the need to provide the necessary funds to help adults and children needing institutional, home and community based services. As a member of the Appropriations Committee, I will certainly work toward including additional funding in the FY 2007 budget to address the needs of our disabled citizens.

Again, thank you for you letter. Please let me know how I may be of further assistance to you.

Representative Mark Burkhalter, Speaker Pro Tem, House District 50

February 23rd
"Thank you for the follow-up to your visit to the Capitol. I have not yet had the opportunity to review the information that you gave me. However, I will do so as time permits. Please understand that we deal will an enormous number of issues. I also understand that this issue is your focus and very important to you. I share your concern for developmentally challenged children and adults. I consider your concerns to be valid and I feel your concern."

Representative Daniel Lackly, House District 72

February 18th
"Thanks for contacting me about this issue. I am a big supporter of unlocking the waiting lists. I will do the best I can to help make sure these slots are included in the 07 budget.

Represenative Billy Horne, House District 71

February 22nd

"I hope all is well. Jeff Brown's appropriation group is working on this and I'm staying close to him about their progress."

Representative Stacey Reece, House District 27

Check back here for responses from other legislators next week.

No comments: