Sunday, February 20, 2011

Letter from Extraordinary Mom

Happy President's Day! 

I just got this email over the weekend from a parent who sent out emails in response to the action alert on Friday. I changed the city she lives in and her name to Extraordinary Mom. I will say that I  know her personally, and I promise she is!

Thanks for understanding that we need to move to a new level of advocacy and ask for increased revenue to fund services. The short personal story along with an action to take makes this a effective letter.

Have a great week. See you all Thursday at Disability Day at the Capitol. 


Best, 
Rita


State Representative, District 46
340 State Capitol Building
Atlanta, Georgia 30334


Dear Representative Jones:

My 23 year old son has Autism. I am 53 years old and don’t know what will happen to him after my husband and I are gone. I’ve been told over and over since he was just a little boy that there just isn’t enough funding available. All the while the waiting list for services continues to grow and grow. When will it by my son’s turn?
For my son and for thousands of others across Georgia, it is critical for the state to increase revenue in order to provide needed services for individuals with developmental disabilities. By updating our out dated tax system, please look for ways to increase revenues during this legislative session to fund individuals on the waiting list.
Please help us to help our kids. Thank you for any support that you can give us.

Sincerely,
Extraordinary Mom
Near Savannah, GA 

No comments: