Wednesday, July 02, 2008

Partners Alumni Pilot Groups in Gwinnett and Savannah

Last month, I approached alumni Jackie McNair, Brian Leighton, and Teresa Brenner to ask them to organize a meeting with Partners alumni in Gwinnett and Savannah. The purpose would be to network with other graduates, collaborate on existing work, and to organize future community projects together. Projects would reflect the values of the Partners program. We are starting with two pilot groups to see if graduates are interested in organizing around issues or projects in their communities.

I just received this notice from Sharon Capers, who is helping Jackie organize the Gwinnett group. I think some of the Gwinnett graduates from the 2008 class were mistakenly left off of the mailing list, so I hope they will see this post. As soon as I know the details of the Savannah event, I will send them out. At this time, the groups are open only to graduates of the Partners in Policymaking program.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The first meeting of the Gwinnett group:
Five Forks Branch Library on Thursday, July 24 at 6:30 pm.
The library is off Ronald Reagan Pkwy which is convenient to I-85.
The address is: 2780 Five Forks Trickum Rd, Lawrenceville, GA 30044
770-978-5600
Please RSVP to sharoncapers@yahoo.com

I will keep you posted on the activity of these two groups.I am very excited to see what happens when a small group of graduates work together on a focused project in their community. Thanks so much to the organizers for their willingness to start something new and for everyone who continues to be engaged in advocacy.

Let's get started and see where it takes us!

No comments: