Tuesday, October 20, 2009

The Catherine Taillez Story!

Employing the Disabled is a Great Idea!!!!
Celebrating the Disability Employment Awareness Month!!!


Employed by: Société Générale
Job: Cashier

“I applied to Société Générale on the advice of a friend of mine. It is true that the company has a particular policy for people who, like me, have a health problem. In my case, I am classed as a disabled worker because of my back. Having worked as a hairdresser for 35 years, a career change was vital. I retrained as a legal secretary and, after working for a lawyers’ firm for a while, joined Société Générale in March 2008. What I particularly enjoy about working as a cashier is the customer contact. Best of all, on the recommendation of the company doctor, I can alternate between standing up and sitting down. At the branch, nobody pays any attention to my disability – I never have to complain about it. I’m treated just like any one of my colleagues and that’s something I really appreciate!”

http://csr.socgen.com/content/view/full/280

http://www.societegenerale.com/

© Societe Generale • 2009

No comments: