Monday, October 19, 2009

The Emillie Vaillant Story!

Employing the Disabled is a Great Idea!!!!
Celebrating the Disability Employment Awareness Month!!!


Employed by: Société Générale
Job: Multimédia Customer Advisor

It was at a careers trade fair that I was first impressed by Société Générale’s open-minded policy in recruiting disabled staff. And because the general ambiance within the Group looked very good too, I applied, despite my visual disorder – nystagmus. Nystagmus causes uncontrolled, saccadic movements of the eyes (usually from side to side, but sometimes the eyes swing up and down or even in a circular movement) but does not in any way affect my ability to work. All I need is a big screen, good lighting and my own electronic magnifying lens! I have never had any great reticence from my colleagues, mostly questions. The simplest thing to do is to remove any taboos by talking to your team. Today, I’m employed on an open-ended, full-time contract and hope to become a branch advisor”.

http://csr.socgen.com/content/view/full/280

http://www.societegenerale.com/

© Societe Generale • 2009

No comments: